CONFINED SPACE ENTRY
This course has been designed to provide students with an awareness of confined spaces and the importance of planning an entry. They will learn the basic steps in developing an entry program to ensure safe work in a confined space.
20 in stock
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Lunch between 11:30 and 12:30.
End of the day is 5:00pm.
(1 day course with a maximum occupancy of 20 students)
The following topics are covered in the Confined Space course:
- Occupational Health and Safety legislation related to confined spaces
- Specific definitions and terminology
- Confined space responsibilities for Management, Supervisors, Entrants, Attendants and Rescue Personnel
- Hazard identification including:
- Atmospheric hazards
- Safety hazards
- Work activity hazards
- Human factors
- Determining hazard levels
- Atmospheric testing
- Hazard control including:
- Ventilation and purging
- Entry plans
- Introduction to rescue planning