Telehandler training is 16 hours in duration and begins with a classroom theory component that is followed by a written exam. The remainder of the session includes practical training which gives the students an opportunity to practice newly acquired skills prior to completing a practical evaluation.
Out of stock
THIS COURSE IS FULL
Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Lunch between 11:30 and 12:30.
End of the day is 5:00pm.
(2 day course with a maximum occupancy of 8 students)
The following topics are covered in the Telehandler Course:
- Duties of Employers, Supervisors, and Employees under the Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Specific legislation as it applies to telehandlers
- Forklift types and classes
- Specific components and terminology
- Center of gravity
- Load center
- Load charts
- Load weight determination
- Hazards associated with telehandlers
- Inspection procedures
- Operating techniques including:
- Steering systems
- Leveling systems
- Travel with and without a load
- Load pick up and deposit
- Stacking loads and using racks
- Ramps and grades
- Trailer loading